Categories

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

URGH


Update: The people at Vodien have contacted me and I'm really happy to say that the problems with the launches has been solved! I'll post more info in my next blog post. 
========


I HATE IT WHEN MY WEBSITE CRASHES!!!!!! :(

So i just moved from "Yourowncart" to "Vodien" for www.ohsofickle.com.sg. Vodien is supposed to be THE BEST server in SG. My web designer suggested i take up a plan that required me to pay $1600/year (and another additional $50/mth). I did so and was expecting my website to run better than when i was with "Yourowncart".

TO MY HORROR, every time during a launch, my website will crash. I will have customers start calling me and sending me emails. Some REALLY nasty customers would scold me. Many would ask me to "do something about it". But...I REALLY CANNOT DO ANYTHING! :( It's like, i don't even know all this computer stuff leh. :(

Last night's launch was at 10pm and i couldn't access the website till 1am?! I was calling Vodien like siao, hoping they would do something but the guy just kept saying i've to wait till 9am. This morning when i woke up, i read the email suggesting i upgrade to the $6000/year plan. I was...IN SHOCK? That's a lot of money leh.... like that i earn what?!

I reeeeally don't know what to do now. CAN SOMEBODY TEACH ME SOMETHING ABOUT THIS? Or can you suggest if i should change to some other host or something? I'm so super stressed up. I don't want to have another launch where my website crashes. It's so frustrating for me and not forgetting all those customers who sit down and refresh the site non-stop. I haven't heard those huge mega blogshops complaining at all...so why am i facing this and they aren't? :( REEEEEALLY NEED HELP AND SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

P.s thank u all those who emailed me offering to help!! :D hope all goes well for the next launch!!! *fingers crossed*

UPDATE!!!!

Big BIG Thank You to the people from Vodien for monitoring my webstore for the past few launches and ensuring that the web site does not crash! 

Since the last crash which made so many customers disappointed, and not to mention, ME, Vodien has been helping me monitor the website really closely and making sure it won't repeat. It has been around 2-3 collections since the last crash and it has been running smoothly so i am really thankful they did something for me! 

Now i feel so terrible for scolding them which explains why i decided to add this paragraph in this post. :)

Vodien manages Singapore's top blogs and online stores so yup - they're good! Just that previously, my package could not hold the visitors going in the site as i was not fully prepared for the huge amount of people entering the site at one time.