Categories

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sick and Breastfeeding

Was down with a fever and my nose couldn't stop running all day yesterday. Went to a doctor to get some meds and for the first time since I started breasfeeding, I was worried about my milk supply going down. I've always been able to pump 150ml in 5-10min but the latest pumping session I could barely hit the 100ml. It's still sufficient for baby but I'm worried it'll keep dropping if I continue taking the meds prescribed. I'm feeling a lot better after 4 hours of sleep though so maybe I'll not take the meds until I feel sick again.

If you're wondering if you can still breasfeed when you are sick, yes you can!

During any “ordinary” illness such as a cold, sore throat, flu, tummy bug, fever, mastitis, etc. you should continue to breastfeed. Just remind your doctor you are nursing so that if medications are needed he can prescribe something that is compatible with breastfeeding. Most medications are safe to take while breastfeeding, and for those that are not recommended there is almost always an alternative medication that is safe.

A week more and I might be left at home alone with baby for a few days if the maid doesn't come by then. Kinda panicking as the days past and my nanny has to leave. Wanna cry because she's soooo good! Nobody is gonna serve me breakfast in bed and prepare a super yummy spread for lunch and dinner anymore :( might go back to the days of eating take outs everyday of the maid doesn't know how to cook well. Having home cooked food for 2 months is damn awesome! 

Today i overcame my fear and cut my baby's tiny nails because my nanny said I must learn. My hands couldn't stop shaking. Once I got the hang of it, it is actually super duper easy if you use the special baby scissors so please get that! Using small nail clippers are so much more difficult. Almost done with my baby care "training" with the nanny. Still, I do hope I don't have to be left all alone at home and that the maid comes before nanny leaves because i surely would need help with the house chores. *prays hard*