Categories

Monday, March 2, 2015

My 10-Step Skincare Routine

Many have asked what skin type I have. I have combination skin. Oily on my forehead and dry on my nose and cheeks. 

I haven't had problem with my skin since i started on my new Skincare Routine. Some days i do get lazy but most days, i'm quite disciplined as i saw great results! Why so many steps? Well, it used to be just 3-4 steps for me and occasionally i would break out here and there. I have always loved the Korean and Japanese skin and always wondered "WHY IS THEIR SKIN SOOOOOO FLAWLESS?" Must be their food, must be their weather, must be their genes! Yeah, it may be true but also, THEIR SKIN CARE ROUTINE PLAYS A BIG PART. I heard that it is around 10-12 steps! So...I decided to give it a try and add more products to my skincare routine.

It was kinda scary to pile on SO many things on my face as i was afraid of breaking out. So i did i slowly, from my usual 3-4 steps i slowly add in a new product and see if i break out. Surprisingly, i didn't even break out as all the products i used were suitable! I went crazy buying Korean and Japanese skin care products and every alternate day i switch the products here and there.

I really recommend everyone to try adding in more products to your skincare routine for better skin! This is by far THE BEST skincare routine i've ever tried and i promise myself for the sake of beauty I WILL USE THIS MANY PRODUCTS EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. Haha.

So here are my recommended products for 2015! 
It's just a small fraction of the products i own...lol. But this are all my favorites!


Step 1:

Wash away my make up an Oil Cleanser, using Shu Uemura Ultim8.


Step 2:

I like to double cleanse so after the Oil Cleanser i use the KOSE Sekkisei White Liquid Wash. Instead of applying the product directly onto your skin, i suggest u add water and lather it. When it's foamy then put it on your face and gently wash away. Do not rub. The koreans always remind me to be as gentle as possible on my skin - oh man, if they saw the way i used to rub my eyes and wash my face they'd be shocked.




Step 3:

I use Bioderma Micellar Water to remove any excess make up (usually my face would be ultra clean already so this is pretty unnecessary but i still do it. sometimes there'll be a lil bit of mascara left and this removes it very well)


Step 4:

Lotion time! I use either Albion Skin Conditioner (can only get it from their counter at Takashimya) or KOSE Sekkisei Lotion (doing a post for them soon - SO HAPPY because i've been using KOSE since my previous ad with them and think they have very good stuff). 2-3 Drops on my palms, warm it up and then gently pat it on my face.


Step 5:

MASK TIME! This step is only done every alternate day because some nights i just don't have the time to wait 30 min for my skin to absorb the mask etc. I don't really know which is THE BEST because i always use different masks every night. I think masks from Leaders Clinic and My Beauty Diary (both brands are available at most Watsons) are the most affordable and both brands worked well for me! In the series of masks below, I have tried the Arbutin, Hyaluronic and Black Pearl and think it's not bad!

Step 6:

Apply Serum.
I use Serums from Skin Inc. My serum is the My Daily Dose Custom Blend Serum - made to suit my skin type. I have also tried several of their serums and i like it!


Another serum I like is the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum! Plus that one is really affordable. :)

Oh and one more affordable serum is the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Serum (I think this one is easy to get as it's available in most Guardian and Watsons).


Step 7:

Apply an Essence - i am using Shu Uemura - Tsuya Youthful Radiance Generator. I know, i'm young and don't know why i'm using an anti-aging product but this works really well for me! I tried the tester once and loved how radiant my skin became after using it. Maybe can delay aging too? I HOPE! Hehe.


Step 8:

Moisturizer! I have sooo many moisturizers but my all-time favorite has got to be Snail White. Some people don't really like the stickiness of Snail White, well in the morning I usually use the Rose Hydrating Moisturizer from Atlas Medical (you can just go there to buy it even if you don't go there for treatments).


Step 9:

For my eyes, i use Clarins Super Restorative Eye Concentrate. I don't want wrinkles so fast so a lot of my older girl friends suggest to start using an eye cream young, even when you don't NEED it yet.

Step 10:

Slather a good night cream! I use Innisfree Orchid Night Cream. Sometimes get a lil bit lazy for this step as Night Creams tend to be thicker and seems to take quite a while to get absorbed so at bed time i have to wait for it to dry otherwise i can't sleep on my side with it on without it transferring to my pillows. Still, it'll be good to use it because well, if the koreans can do the 10 Step Routine everyday, SO SHOULD YOU. Just look at their amazing skin! You want also right?


If you are lazy to travel everywhere to get all the products for your 10-Step Skincare Routine, i personally think Innisfree is a good place to get 'em all as their products are very affordable and the ingredients used are mostly natural. I do like the stuff there a lot :) Especially the Green Tea range.

Hope you will have better skin after trying products i recommended for your 10-Step Skincare Routine!

p.s This ain't an advertorial and i am not being paid to write this post by any of the brands above all the products are products i use daily at the moment. Also, i am very selective of adverts from skincare brands and will not immediately accept ads unless i've tried the product and liked it so you can trust my reviews ok! I won't wanna recommend a shitty crappy product to ya'll just so i can earn a few hundred dollars because then you won't trust my reviews anymore.