Categories

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Short Update

It's Day 5 in Perth and it's been pretty amazing! Although I REEEEALLY miss Elroy and can't wait to go back to Singapore at the same time. I am loving how laid back everyone is and it's really a good break from the stress and drama back home. :) thankful to be able to experience life in Perth and can't wait to share my journey with you guys! I'll try to edit pictures quickly so the post can go up soon! 

Oh and yes, I do feel the sadness of LKY's passing. I teared so much reading articles and watching videos on him since yesterday. He is really one very powerful and respectable man. Who else can say they sacrificed their life for their country? He is the reason why I love Singapore so much. I can't think of a better place to raise my child in - safe environment with great educational system. Thank you for everything, Sir! I believe you're in a better place now with no more stress and pain. RIP Lee Kuan Yew. You will always be remembered for all the good you have done for Singapore and your legacy will live on forever. 

"His vision to build a prosperous, meritocratic and multiracial Singapore defied expectations. When others doubted our chances of survival, he strove for excellence. Today, much that defines Singapore bears his influence: security and the rule of law, our cultural diversity and our economic progress, our public housing and our gardens. Without Mr Lee’s strong leadership and immense contributions, the Singapore that we know today would not have existed."